2019 EMOTIV CYCLES WARRANTY INFORMATION
WHO IS THE WARRANTOR?
eMotiv Cycles (“eMotiv”).
WHO DOES THIS LIMITED WARRANTY COVER?
This Limited Warranty applies to all original owners and any subsequent owners of covered 2019 eMotiv motorcycles or scooters. It is provided at no additional cost during the applicable warranty coverage period.
eMotiv requires its authorized dealers to submit warranty registration information on-line or a warranty registration card via mail at the time of purchase to ensure timely service. When a covered 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle is sold to a subsequent owner, the original owner should submit a warranty transfer request either electronically or in writing. This must be performed to allow eMotiv the ability to contact the new owner in the unlikely event of a safety related issue. See How Do I Transfer Ownership And The Limited Warranty?
WHAT DOES THIS LIMITED WARRANTY COVER?
eMotiv warrants that all factory manufactured 2019 eMotiv Motorcycles are free from defects in material and workmanship during the period of this Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty covers parts, including the motor, motor controller, frame, swing arm, fork, rear shock, brake assemblies, wheels and electrical sub-assemblies, and approved eMotiv accessories installed at the time of purchase by an authorized eMotiv dealer.
This Limited Warranty also covers the following items, collectively referred to as “Battery Packs”:
- Battery Pack Modules on every eMotiv product. Should a Battery Pack be purchased to upgrade the capacity of an eMotiv vehicle after the initial “in service date” of the 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle, the Battery Pack warranty duration will match the remaining Battery Pack warranty from the 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle.
This Limited Warranty covers all components of the Battery Packs that are included as a part of the eMotiv cc Battery Packs or Power Tank, including the battery, integrated battery management system, internal wiring, and internal structures.
WHAT IS THE COVERAGE PERIOD OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
The duration of this Limited Warranty depends upon whether your 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle is a demo unit or a non-demo unit.
Demo units are 2019 eMotiv Motorcycles that have been driven by or used by eMotiv’s or an authorized dealership’s customers or prospective customers, staff, managers or executives, or members of the press, but have never been registered within the state, province or country.
Non-demos are those 2019 eMotiv Motorcycles that are not demo units.
- WHAT IS THE COVERAGE PERIOD FOR NON-DEMONSTRATORS?
The duration of this Limited Warranty for non-demonstrator 2019 eMotiv Motorcycles, not including the Battery Packs, is a period of three months (3) from the original “in service date.”
Note: The “in service date” is the date that the authorized dealer performs a pre-delivery inspection (“PDI”) and delivers the motorcycle to the customer. In the event these events occur on different dates, the later date shall be the “in service date.”
The duration of this Limited Warranty for the Battery Packs) is:
- One (1) year from the “in service date” for all Battery Pack Modules on the eMotiv units.
- WHAT IS THE COVERAGE PERIOD FOR DEMO UNITS?
The duration of this Limited Warranty for demonstrator 2019 eMotiv Motorcycles, not including the Battery Packs, is a period of thirty days (30) from the original “shipment date.”
Note: The “shipment date” is the date that eMotiv ships the demonstrator 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle to the authorized dealer.
The duration of this Limited Warranty for the Battery Packs is:
- 60 days from the “shipment date” for all Battery Packs Modules on the eMotiv units.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
Due to the battery chemistry, there is a normal, expected reduction in range/capacity that Battery Packs can yield over time and usage. Depending on use and storage conditions, Battery Packs will degrade during the duration of this Limited Warranty period. eMotiv will only repair or replace pursuant to this Limited Warranty a Battery Pack that exhibits a nominal storage capacity reduction of greater than 30% of the published nominal capacity, as measured by an authorized eMotiv dealer. To check the capacity of a Battery Pack, an authorized eMotiv dealer can perform a battery management system log data extraction, which will confirm if a reduction is within expected norms.
Further, this Limited Warranty only covers 2019 eMotiv Motorcycles or Battery Packs/Power Pods that are operated according to “proper use” and “under normal operating conditions.” For purposes of this exclusion, the following definitions apply:
- “Normal operating conditions” require routine care and maintenance of the 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle and Battery Packs as described in the Owner’s Manual.
- “Normal operating conditions” does not include use of the 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle in for-profit commercial or business activities, such as use as a rental vehicle.
- “Proper use” means only the use of a motorcycle in the manner intended for a rider and passenger on a 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle with proper safety equipment as described in the Owner’s Manual, in accordance with local regulations.
- “Proper use” also means never storing and/or leaving the Battery Packs at a state of charge below 30% for more than 30 days.
In addition, this Limited Warranty does not cover:
- The cost of parts and labor involved in any routine care and maintenance and/or the replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear, use, or deterioration, including but not limited to: tires, brake pads and rotors, belt drive, fork seals, grips, foot pegs, and the seat;
- The tires installed on the 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle. The original equipment tires are warranted separately by the tire manufacturer;
- The replacement of fluids, unless their replacement is a necessary part of warranty service on a covered component;
- Wheel and spoke damage resulting from off road use;
- Any cosmetic concerns that arise as a result of environmental conditions, owner abuse, misuse, lack of routine care and maintenance, and/or improper use;
- Parts or components damaged by use or operation under abnormal circumstances or contrary to the requirements described in the Owner’s Manual including a failure to have the motorcycles firmware updated during the regular service intervals or in a timely basis following a notification that a new update is available.
- 2019 eMotiv Motorcycles and Battery Packs used for racing or other competitive events;
- 2019 eMotiv Motorcycles and Battery Packs misused or improperly operated;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by modifications or alterations to 2019 eMotiv Motorcycles and/or Battery Packs – including modifications or alterations performed by an authorized eMotiv dealer – that cause the 2019 eMotiv motorcycle or Battery Packs to fail;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by aftermarket accessories installed on a 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle or Battery Packs after the “in service date,” or caused by aftermarket accessories installed by someone other than an authorized eMotiv dealer;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by the improper repair of the motorcycle, installation of any parts or accessories not sold or approved by eMotiv, the installation and use of any parties or accessories that alter the motorcycle’s specifications from those set by eMotiv, or the use of new or used parts not approved by eMotiv;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by the installation or use of any charger not sold or approved by eMotiv;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by fire, collision, accident, or improper storage;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by continued operation of the motorcycle after a warning light, gauge reading, or other warning indicates a mechanical or operational problem;
- 2019 eMotiv Motorcycles severely damaged or declared to be a total loss by an insurer, or motorcycles substantially reassembled from or repaired with parts obtained from another used motorcycle;
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by the failure to follow recommended maintenance requirements as set forth in the Owner’s Manual; and
- Damage, malfunctions, or performance problems caused by airborne industrial pollutants (e.g., acid rain), bird droppings, tree sap, stones, flood water, windstorms, or other similar occurrences.
Further, this Limited Warranty does not apply to 2019 eMotiv Motorcycles or parts and accessories that are not imported or distributed by eMotiv.
WHAT OTHER LIMITATIONS OR DISCLAIMERS APPLY TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
The following additional limitations and disclaimers apply to this Limited Warranty:
- THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY MADE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OF THIS eMotiv MOTORCYCLE MODEL. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE STATED PERIOD OF THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY. Some States do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
- eMotiv does not assume – or authorize any person to assume – any other obligation or liability on its behalf.
- THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF VALUE OF THE MOTORCYCLE, LOST PROFITS OR EARNINGS, OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES FOR SUBSTITUTE TRANSPORTATION OR LODGING, EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH RETURNING THE COVERED PRODUCT TO AN AUTHORIZED SERVICE FACILITY OR DEALER, TOWING AND/OR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE EXPENSES, EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH RETURNING THE COVERED PRODUCT BACK TO ITS OWNER, MECHANIC’S TRAVEL TIME OR COMMUNICATION CHARGES, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY, LOSS OR TIME, OR INCONVENIENCE. Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- eMotiv reserves the right to change or improve the design of any 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle, Battery Packs, or any other eMotiv parts (collectively, “eMotiv products”) at any time, without assuming any obligation to modify any eMotiv products previously manufactured or sold.
- The purchaser acknowledges that there is an inherent risk in the operation of motorcycles. This Limited Warranty does not cover – and eMotiv cannot assume responsibility for – any injury arising from the unsafe or improper operation of eMotiv products, or the user’s failure to comply with instructions, care and maintenance requirements, warnings, and safety precautions.
- The original registered owner or subsequent registered transferee as documented on the eMotiv motorcycle warranty registration form is responsible for conveying the Owner’s Manual and all safety warnings, instructions, and Limited Warranty if the unit is sold, loaned, or otherwise transferred to another person.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A CUSTOMER?
As the owner of a product covered by this Limited Warranty, it is your responsibility to read and understand the Owner’s Manual, this Limited Warranty, and all product warnings before operating your 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle. Serious injury or death can result from improper operation or failure to observe warnings and safety instructions on any motorcycle.
Further, it is also your responsibility to:
- Perform all recommended and necessary routine care and maintenance and engage in proper use of your 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle and Battery Packs as detailed in the Owner’s Manual, including obtaining any firmware updates available at each service interval or in a timely basis following a notification that a new update is available.
- Learn and obey all federal, state, and local laws governing the operations of a motorcycle, generally, and an electric motorcycle, specifically.
- At all times when operating a 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle wear proper safety equipment and clothing, including but not limited to helmet, eye protection, and appropriate boots.
- Convey the Owner’s Manual and all safety warnings, instructions, and Limited Warranty if the unit is sold, loaned, or otherwise transferred to another person.
WHAT WILL EMOTIV CYCLES DO UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
During the duration of this Limited Warranty, an authorized eMotiv dealer will repair or replace (at eMotiv’s discretion), without charge, any 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle, Battery Packs, or parts that are covered by this Limited Warranty and found by eMotiv or an authorized eMotiv dealer to be defective in factory materials or workmanship.The vehicle owner is responsible for any shipping charges associated with transporting the vehicle to an authorized dealer.
HOW DOES THIS LIMITED WARRANTY RELATE TO STATE LAW?
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from State to State.
Notice Under State Lemon Laws
Some States have laws, sometimes referred to as “lemon laws,” allowing you to get a replacement motorcycle or a refund of the purchase price under certain circumstances. These laws vary from State to State. If your state law allows, eMotiv requires that you first notify us in writing of any service difficulty or issue that you may have experienced so that we can have a chance to make any needed repairs before you are eligible for remedies provided by these laws. In all other States, eMotiv asks that you give it written notice of any service difficulty or issue.
Please send your written notification to eMotiv at the following address:
Attn: Customer Service
18105 Adria Maru Lane
HOW DO YOU OBTAIN SERVICE UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
Warranty services may be obtained by contacting your local eMotiv Motorcycles dealer. Please refer to the dealer locator on our website www.goemotiv.com for your nearest location.
In the event that a dealer is not in your state, province, or country, you can contact eMotiv Cycles directly at +1 (407) 350-7806 or via e-mail at [email protected].
In any written or telephonic communication, please state the specific nature of any circumstances leading to the problem and include the VIN and odometer reading.
18105 ADRIA MARU LANE ,CARSON, CA 90746 USA
(U.S. and International Patents and Trademarks Pending)
HOW DO I TRANSFER OWNERSHIP AND THE LIMITED WARRANTY?
If you sell your 2019 eMotiv Motorcycle, please visit the eMotiv website and access the owner resources section to fill out the transfer of ownership and warranty form. This must be performed to allow eMotiv the ability to contact the new owner in the unlikely event of a safety related issue. Use the email address below or feel free to contact the eMotiv Customer Service department for assistance.
8am to 5pm Pacific Time
E-mail: [email protected]
For updates and additional information about your motorcycle, visit the owner resources section of eMotiv Cycles website: www.goemotiv.com